V Martin Legal Services can provide specialist legal advice on all aspects of wills and the necessary tax planning to minimise tax burden on death.
Whatever your circumstances, it is important to make a will, without one the law dictates who will inherit your estate.
This could mean that those you leave behind are inadequately provided for and your estate could be passed on to those you do not wish to be beneficiaries. Also, without a will a cohabitee has no automatic right to your estate.
Your will is probably the most important document you will ever sign, and many people are surprised at how inexpensive it is. At V Martin Legal Services, we will be happy to discuss your requirements further (please note that we can also make hospital and home visits).
We can also deal with all will and probate matters from small to very complex, offering a professional and efficient service to those with the responsibility of dealing with the estate of a deceased person.
The Intestacy Rules changes from time to time and it depends on where the intestate was domiciled at the date of death.
V Martin Legal Services can provide specialist legal advice on:
- Making and changing a will
- Laws of intestacy
- Inheritance tax planning
- Protection from care home fees
- Providing for children from a previous marriage
- Appointing a guardian for your children
- Safeguarding a disabled child
- Who will look after money for underage beneficiaries and at what age you wish them to inherit
- Succession planning relating to partnerships and companies
- Heritage and overseas assets