At V Martin Legal Services we have many years’ experience in providing specialist legal advice on all aspects of Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection matters.
Every adult has the right to manage their own money and affairs.
Many people worry that through accident, age or illness they will at some point become unable to look after their own financial and welfare matters. V Martin Legal Services offer clients, whatever their age, advice on how to make a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA).
We can provide specialist legal advice on:
- General Power of Attorney
- Lasting Power of Attorney for Property and Finances
- Lasting Power of Attorney for Health and Welfare
- Court of Protection – Deputyship
A Lasting Power of Attorney is a legal document that appoints one or more persons, whom you trust to make certain decisions for you. There are two types of LPA:
- Lasting Power of Attorney for Property and Finances, which allows your attorney to deal with property and finances as you specify.
- Lasting Power of Attorney for Health and Welfare, which allows your attorney to make health care and welfare decisions on your behalf in circumstances when you lack the capacity to do so yourself.
Both Lasting Power of Attorney documents have to be registered at the Office of the Public Guardian before they can be used. At V Martin Legal Services we can advise you on the best way to make sure any Lasting Power of Attorney is successfully set-up and registered.